Sign up to this course
Gain the skills, knowledge and certification required to become a construction Site Operative.
Course provider: Wakefield College
Eligibility - you must be aged 19+ and live in West Yorkshire.
Start dates: 21 March 22, 6 June 22, 31 October 22, 9 January 23
Duration: The programme will run for 11 days over a period of 2 weeks & 1 day
Venue: Wakefield College, Castleford Campus
Overview/summary of training
This course is aimed at individuals seeking a career in the construction industry as a Site Operative. The skills, knowledge and certification gained will provide them with the core competencies to work in this role and a foundation from which to build a successful career.
The course is also an excellent route for those looking to undertake a craft or trade but who first want to get an overview of the industry before committing.
City & Guilds (6219) L1 Award Construction Skills (601/0324/3)
- Introduction to health & Safety
- Constructing half brick walling
- Constructing half brick return corners
NOCN CSkills Awards Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (603/2371/1)
Classroom learning assessed via an exam:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Importance of working around plant & equipment safely
- Basic bricklaying skills; suitable for building chambers and raising ironwork
- Preparation of areas to receive paving / block paving.
- Safe use of wacker plate.
- Block paving skills
- Safe use of cut off saw including abrasive wheels
- Mixing & placing concrete & reinforced concrete
- NOCN Site Right Certificate: Safe use of cut off saws including abrasive wheels