Is starting my own business right for me?
From perfecting your ideas and identifying the business support available to you, to learning about marketing and finance - we can help you understand what you need to do to turn your business dreams into a successful career.
You don’t need any business experience or plan – just bring your business ideas and we’ll give you free advice to help you explore them. We can help you decide whether setting up a business is the right career option for you.
Business courses – what to expect
The course is made up of five free informal business workshops to give you all the information you need before going into business. You have the option to complete these over five weeks or you can choose an intensive business course where all five workshops are delivered over one weekend. Alternatively, if you can’t make a course, we’ll send you the topics and learning materials to learn in your own time, at your own pace!
- Group discussions around business ideas
- Find motivation and build your confidence
- Share ideas with a likeminded group of people.
- Identify, clarify and articulate your business idea
- Find the ‘why, how and what’ of your business idea
- Explore how your idea will create value to your customers
- Explore the opportunities and challenges facing a new business
- Identify the wide range of support available
- Reframe your idea of ‘failure’ as an opportunity to learn
Your first steps
- Identify the practical steps needed to set up a business
- Understand legal structures, contracts, insurance and more
- Get advice from those who have set up their own business
Your first customers
- Learn about the importance of the customer journey
- Think about how to attract customers and ensure they return
- Understand the role of marketing, sales, and customer relationship management
Feel inspired by others who have recently started a business
Already have a new start-up business?
If you already have a business plan or have launched your first business within the last 12 months, you can access support through our programme. Our interactive seminars, one-to-one support and networking opportunities with like-minded people will give you the skills and confidence to grow your ideas, plan and launch a start-up and take your business to the next level.
Learn how to start a business
If you're interested in starting a business and want to learn more, sign up to one of our fully funded courses to find out if it's the right career move for you. Simply complete the below contact form and we'll get in touch with course details and to book you onto the next available course.
Your details will be shared with Digital Remit in order to book you onto a fully funded course. Please read the West Yorkshire Combined Authority privacy statement and Digital Remit's privacy statement.