We’re here to help you learn what it takes to become your own boss and start a business
From perfecting your ideas and identifying the support available to you, to thinking about how you can attract and retain customers, we can help you understand what you need to do to turn your ideas into a reality.
So why not join one of our FULLY FUNDED Explore Enterprise courses, delivered in partnership with Digital Remit. No business experience or plan is required – just bring your ideas!
Here's what we'll teach you
The course is made up of five informal workshops. You have the option to complete the course over five weeks or you can choose an intensive course where all five workshops are delivered over one weekend. Alternatively, if you can't make a course, we'll send you course resources so that you can learn in your own time.
Simply sign up to a fully funded course and we'll help you learn in a way that suits you.
- Group discussions around business ideas
- Find motivation and build your confidence
- Share ideas with a likeminded group of people.
- Identify, clarify and articulate your business idea
- Find the ‘why, how and what’ of your business idea
- Explore how your idea will create value to your customers
- Explore the opportunities and challenges facing a new business
- Identify the wide range of support available
- Reframe your idea of ‘failure’ as an opportunity to learn
Your first steps
- Identify the practical steps needed to set up a business
- Understand legal structures, contracts, insurance and more
- Get advice from those who have set up their own business
Your first customers
- Learn about the importance of the customer journey
- Think about how to attract customers and ensure they return
- Understand the role of marketing, sales, and customer relationship management
Feel inspired by others who have recently started a business
Already have a new start-up business?
If you already have a business plan or have launched your first business within the last 12 months, you can access support through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership's (LEP) Enterprise West Yorkshire programme. Our interactive seminars, one-to-one support and networking opportunities with like-minded people will give you the skills and confidence to grow your ideas, plan and launch a start-up and take your business to the next level.
Learn how to start a business
If you're interested in starting a business and want to learn more, sign up to one of our fully funded courses to find out if it's the right career move for you. Simply complete the below contact form and we'll get in touch with course details and to book you onto the next available course.
Your details will be shared with Digital Remit in order to book you onto a fully funded course. Please read the West Yorkshire Combined Authority privacy statement and Digital Remit's privacy statement.