Teachers, employers and support
Inspire young people to make informed career choices in West Yorkshire
Join our network of business volunteers and help young people gain the skills needed by local employers, so that when they leave education, they’re ready to work. We can connect you to schools and colleges in your area.
From as little as one hour of your time, you really can raise the profile of your business and industry whilst making a huge difference to a young person. You'll decide with your partner school or college how much time to commit, making it flexible to your needs.
One of our dedicated enterprise coordinators will support you throughout and will ensure your experience is smooth, beneficial to your business and rewarding.
What you can offer
- Support with interview practice
- Offer a workplace tour
- Host a speed networking event where students can meet with employees
- Deliver a lesson that links to the curriculum
- Be committed to supporting a school or college’s leadership team for one academic year
- Together, shape the school or college’s careers, enterprise and employer engagement strategy
Benefits to your business
- Increased positive reputation and corporate image
- Access to a diverse talent pool for your business
- Increased staff loyalty - employees with disabilities stay in their job on average 3.5 times longer than non-disabled colleagues
- A strategic skills-based leadership development opportunity for employees
- An opportunity to access and develop local business networks
- A chance to support your local school or college through your CSR programme
They are our future. We must get involved in education to help shape and develop ultimately our pipeline of talent, our work force. It is also a great tool to attract future talent to your organisation
Employers can really add value by working together and helping to influence and shape young people’s experiences. By doing this we are assisting young people to build the skills needed for a vibrant economy in the future.
The best thing about being an Enterprise Adviser is being able to share my journey with the students and getting businesses to share their experiences too, so the students can learn from the practical side of life as well as academic learning.
Young people are our future. Showcasing how education links to real world is important to equip them to make the right career decisions.
Working with the school helps my team to gain new skills and confidence, so it has a positive impact on the business.
It’s vital that employers get involved. As careers and job roles evolve employers can help to inform and influence curriculum in schools through sharing information about their industry/ sectors, breaking down career choice stereotypes and inspiring young people.